Monday, February 20, 2012

Is this an asthma problem?

I went to Benihana's recently and enjoyed the food and especially how it was prepared. As I watched them cook the food I started developing a hard time breathing. My lungs felt as if it shrunk and I could not take deep breaths but I was not wheezing. I have had asthma in the past but I never had any severe problems. What I want to know is if this could be an asthma problem or maybe a allergic reaction(I'm allergic to shrimp and I picked it out my food before I ate it). I thought I was getting too full and that's why I could not take deep breaths(lol).





So please tell me if this is one of the symptoms of asthma when around smoke. I also spent a lot of time in Europe and was constantly surrounded by smokers and I wasn't affected by it.|||If your throat swelled or you had symptoms you've had before when eating shrimp it could have been an allergic reaction. If no swelling it could have been the smoke that triggered it. I know soy sauce when it burns makes my asthma act up.|||It could be more related to an allergy, especially since you said you're allergic to shrimp and the food was cooked with shrimp in it. Make sure you have Benadryl and/or an EpiPen on hand next time to prevent any further breathing problems.|||it could be asthma. i would sort of know i have had breathing problems recently

No comments:

Post a Comment