Monday, February 20, 2012

Have you ever eaten octopus before?

I have eaten octopus tentacles many times, and I must say they're delicious. Tako sushi is one of my favorite kinds there is. Down the highway from me is an all-you-can-eat Japanese buffet. They serve some amazing tako at this place. Another restaurant I love is Benihana. I am a huge fan of sushi. I will eat any kind except for fugu because I'm afraid I might die. Fugu is puffer fish, and you must be a licensed chef to ensure the toxins are eliminated. Anyway, tako tastes kind of rubbery, but it's good. I don't recall ever eating an actual cooked octopus unless you can count calimari. So has anyone ever eaten an octopus? If so, what exactly did it taste like?|||I've had Tako (octopus) as sushi as well as Tako poke (Hawaiian octopus salad). In addition, I've had octopus in various Mediterranean dishes. It's good and it's always going to be a little rubbery but I think a lot of it has to do with the way it's cooked.


I've had fugu also (in Japan). I figured "what the hey, if I'm going to die from eating fugu, I might as well do it in Japan." It was delicious.|||its taste is not comparable to bacon but its still awsome


and it doesnt taste rubbery it feels rubbery o.o|||The texture of octopus is little rubbery, the taste is savory and oceanic.|||Yes. And Squid. And I eat everything. But I don't care for either. It's not the idea, it's not the texture (I love Clams, Mussels %26amp; Oysters). I don't like the taste. But I love Sushi. And Sashimi. I've never pressed the Fugu thing. It couldn't be THAT good. It's not the Fugu. It's that I don't trust anyone that much.





Edit: Oh yeah... I don't much care for Eel either. I tried.|||i love octopus! it tastes a bit rubbery but at the same time soft and succulent :)|||yes and i love it, Where I come from the specialty is octopus a la gallega with red pepper, olive oil and potatoes.|||Octopus is one of my favorite foods. I enjoy the "oceanic" tasted of it alone - but it's one of those foods that picks up the flavor of whatever you mix with it so it's pretty versatile too.





My favorite part is the tentacles.





The texture when over cooked can be almost inedible unless you like swallowing your chewing gum. (yuck) So you have to be careful when cooking it.|||Not only do I love to eat octopus, but I love to cook it as well.|||yes, its great.. howver.. calimari is squid, just so you know...~wink





octopus is rubbery, put I like it alot.. especially with hot chilli sauce they have at chinese resturants..|||Yes, I have in an Italian Restaurant broiled, and raw in Japanese restaurants as part of sahimi. It's delicious, non fattening, albeit a bit rubbery or perhaps more like al dente.|||No, Not that I know Of. However I heard from A Couple Of Friends that not only are the Octopuses rubbery, but they also taste somewhat like squids.

No comments:

Post a Comment