Monday, February 20, 2012

What would you do? Keep the gifts or contact police?

When I came back to work from the break recently, I had a package waiting for me in the office, from an anonymous sender. Inside it contained gift certificates for (from what I've heard) are very expensive restaurants. Restaurants in San Francisco, such as "Aqua", "Jardiniere", "Benihana's", "Farallon", "Gary Danko", "Masa's" "Fleur De Lys", "Postrio's" I've never even heard of most of these restaurants before, let alone eaten at them, but I have a feeling that someone from my past sent them to me out of guilt, and there is no forwarding address, so I can't send it back.





A part of me wants to keep it, but this person that I am assuming it is, slept with my husband 3 years ago, and then turned around and lied about being pregnant with his child. She told me that she had issues because of being molested as a child, had low self esteem and that she lied about the pregnancy to get me to leave my cheating husband, because she thought I deserved better. I was furious with him and we suffered a great deal of backlash from their actions, but I didn't leave him. She was a girl I was trying to mentor, and who was in my class as a communications student. After a year of time, we developed somewhat of a friendship/mentor-student relationship so, I really don't know why she did what she did. I forgave my husband and told her to move on with her life, along with a few other choice words and advised that she seek psychological help. After I found out and let her know, she called non-stop for forgiveness on and off for about a year and a half. Emails, text messages, random phone calls. I'd get calls, pick up, and no answer. She finally stopped for a year or so now. Suddenly I get these expensive restaurant gift certificates (no note, no forwarding address) and I mean for like $200.00-$500.00 a piece. Who else would do this and for what? I told her a while back that the least she could do, was to never contact myself or my husband again, but I guess the guilt wont let her. What would you do? Should I keep letting her send this to me or contact the police? I am a college professor and so is my husband and I don't want any negative attention for either one of us because of this incident. I just want to move on with my life and forget that this ever happened. Also is there a way that the restaurants can tell me whose card was used to pay for the gift certificates. Thanks.|||Don't use them until you find out they aren't from her. And if you find out they are, do something like donate them to charity. Accepting them may make you feel obligated to talk to her at a future date. Or at least make her feel that she's allowed to approach you.|||Yeah, that is pretty sketchy. I would do some investigating. There was no note or anything? No clues?|||What would you tell the police?..you think that maybe it could be this person because..blablabla. and that the gift certificate cause you to fear for your life?





First just find out who sends those. You may be surprised to find out it's not her.|||If she has a kid by your old man, she is tied to you both for life like it or not.At some point that kid is going to want to meet his real dad and it'll all start all over again.This was your husbands fault as much as it was hers.Just enjoy the restaurants when you travel.


You NEED to forgive her, she was young, stupid and has learned her lesson.Your husband found her attractive vulnerable and saw she was attracted to her and he took advantage of the situation.I can understand HER behavior, his is a different story.No one goes to McDonalds for a quarter pounder when they have steak at home hon,unless they are just a greedy dog.|||What could the police possibly do here without knowing where they came from?





Keep them being as you have no return address; I don't think the restaurants would know who purchased them..|||First of all I'm so sorry you went through all that. Second I would have changed all my email addresses , phone numbers, and so on. This person obviously has some issues she needs to deal with and it seems like she keeps coming back to bother you guys. I couldn't imagine. People are crazy %26amp; you need to think about you %26amp; your families safety before anything else. So if it means moving away and moving jobs to know that she will not come around again. I would say to let the police know but I dont think there is much they can do. At restuarants they don't ask a lot of questions when it comes to buying a gift certificate. When I buy them they just ask how much , I pay, and thats about it. If she bought it with a card they might be able to find out but I dont know if they will let you know all that information. I would call the restuarants and ask if they can find out who bought the gift certificate . Tell them you got it as a gift and want to know who bought them because they forgot to put their name on the envelope. You sometimes have to throw a lie or two to get some info. Sorry. If that doesnt work then I would contact the non emergency police line in your area. let them know what happened and that you are receiving gifts. They will let you know what you need to do. Then if you don't want the gifts you can just sell them on craigslist , ebay , or give them to a friend or family member. Good Luck|||the restaurants could tell you who bought the certificates if they were purchased with a card, but not if was with cash unless they have a registering service. however, i doubt the restaurants will be willing to take the time to do so, or willingness due to what might be safety issues that could put them in jeopardy.





there is some certainty that this girl is quite unstable. however, you didnt have a stand to call the police for. why not just enjoy the certificates? i know that might bring to the surface all that happened, but why not get something positive out of it. hey, you and your spouse might have great times while enjoying the meals and drinks|||I'm sure your mother told you to NEVER take candy from a stranger!!!! This falls into that category! It doesn't matter from where they came. Pretend that your husband never slept w/this woman. Would you want the 'gifts'? Who sends that kind of gift? Family doesn't even give that kind of gift. Why would a stranger? If your sure the GC are legit.....donate them....or better yet, hold a raffle at the office, say...$10 a ticket.......one drawing per GC......and donate proceeds to several different charities. Whatever you do................DON"T you use them yourself!!!! You'll be giving away an important part of yourself that you may not be able to get back so easily.|||I would contact the police and fi le a complaint


against her.

No comments:

Post a Comment