Monday, February 20, 2012

Do I have enough to file a report now that more gifts have come?

I posted a question in regards to this a week ago and users told me to update them. There is now more to the story. First post: When I came back to work from the break recently, I had a package waiting for me in the office, from an anonymous sender. Inside it contained gift certificates for (from what I've heard) are very expensive restaurants. Restaurants in San Francisco, such as "Aqua", "Jardiniere", "Benihana's", "Farallon", "Gary Danko", "Masa's" "Fleur De Lys", "Postrio's" I've never even heard of most of these restaurants before, let alone eaten at them, but I have a feeling that someone from my past sent them to me out of guilt, and there is no forwarding address, so I can't send it back.





A part of me wants to keep it, but this person that I am assuming it is, slept with my husband 3 years ago, then turned around and lied about being pregnant with his child that never existed. She told me that she had issues because of being molested as a child, had low self esteem and lied about the pregnancy to get me to leave my cheating husband, because she thought I deserved better. I was furious with him and we suffered tons of backlash from their actions, but I didn't leave him. She was a girl that I was trying to mentor, and who was in my class as a communications student. Over a year's worth of time, we developed a mentor/older sister bond and I don't know why she did what she did, but I forgave my husband and told her to seek psychological help. She found out I knew and called non-stop for forgiveness on and off for about a year and a half. She finally stopped for a year or so now. Suddenly I get these expensive restaurant gift certificates (no note, no forwarding address) and I mean for like $200.00-$500.00 a piece. Who else would do this and for what? I told her a while back that the least she could do, was to never contact myself or my husband again, but I guess the guilt wont let her. What would you do?|||It's a really strange situation that you are in. My initial thought was of course that you should just keep the gifts but now I've done some deeper thinking. You don't even know if it is paid for with honest money, it could be paid for with stolen money, a stolen credit card or the tickets and certificates could be stolen and then I think it can actually be illegal to use the gifts.





You also only have guesses as to who is doing this and no proof. Meaning it could be someone else for very different reasons. I know of a woman that has a secret stalker that used to send gifts to her workplace and has now moved on to putting flowers on her car. It's disturbing because he's basically saying "I know how to find you even when you are not at work". If it's not who you think it is doing it then you might have something more nasty on your hands.





Call the local police office and ask them what they think you should do. They will know if it is legal for you to keep it or not and they will also have advice about what you could possibly do to find out who sends it or to stop it. A case like your doesn't have high priority but you'll at least get some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment