Thursday, February 23, 2012

For Americans, or people who have traveled to America: Favorite restaurant?

I just moved to Canada, and I miss some of my old favorite restaurants so very much! So much, in fact, that I've considered opening up a franchise for one of my favorites when my husband and I can get our life settled enough to get a loan.





I've thought about Steak and Shake, Cracker Barrel, Benihana, and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.... none of which can be found anywhere near Calgary!





What are some of your favorite restaurants? Sit-down places only please, no fast food!|||I'd consider a Cracker Barrel because it is the kind of restaurant you can go to more frequently than Benihana, which I consider to be a special event restaurant. And, the stuff in the store is neat.





Steak and Shake is headquartered here and there are articles in the paper all the time. If it is an article the reader can reply to, they say that the places are dirty, too cold, too expensive. I love Steak and Shake but now have to order a double hamburger where just a year ago I could taste the meat in a single.





Another complaint is that you can't ever get a correct order going through drive through. I didn't realize this was a problem until my husband said he wouldn't go through drive through because it takes so long and the order is never right.





There is some fight going on with the top executives and someone who wants on the board. I'd investigate them carefully before I go with them. Of course, if I'm ever where you are, I would definitely come in for your Steak %26amp; Shake - double with lettuce, tomato, mayo and onion.|||But you've listed chains... all of my favorite restaurants are individual places, privately owned, and have no chain affiliations.





My favorite restaurant is called China View. It is in Houston, Texas.





EDIT: Don't go with a franchise. As a former franchiser I do know you get last grabs on any profit. This is why I said what I said. Start your own restaurant.|||Look at this website! These are the best restaurants in Canada!








www.mytravelguide.com/restaurants/cnre鈥?- 28k|||red lobster (sea food) or out backs (steak house)|||Texas Roadhouse :D





steak !|||The freedom cafe. The BEST home cooked southern Cuisine. In Waterville Me. One of a kind, great atmosphere, reservations are needed. 20 - 25 dollars a plate, you get your drinks for free,also the deserts are free with your choice of cakes, pastries, or what ever they have.|||TGIF.|||I would definentely consider opening a Cracker Barrel because it is a true American resturant and there are barely any of them in foreign countries.|||Cracker Barrel|||Out of your list, I have only eaten at Steak and Shake and Cracker Barrel. I would have to say Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite restaurants anyway, so I'll go with that. Yummy! Now I'm craving chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes and hash brown casserole. Boo :(





You could also consider O'Charley's, Olive Garden, and Ruby Tuesdays. Out of these, Olive Garden is my favorite by far!!|||It would be best to research and see the styles of resturants around your area. See which franchise model would have the least compition. Also: go out on a limb and ask people on the streets of your local which style of food appeals to them most!

No comments:

Post a Comment