Monday, February 20, 2012

Do I have enough to file a report now that more gifts have come?

I posted a question in regards to this a week ago and users told me to update them. There is now more to the story. First post: When I came back to work from the break recently, I had a package waiting for me in the office, from an anonymous sender. Inside it contained gift certificates for (from what I've heard) are very expensive restaurants. Restaurants in San Francisco, such as "Aqua", "Jardiniere", "Benihana's", "Farallon", "Gary Danko", "Masa's" "Fleur De Lys", "Postrio's" I've never even heard of most of these restaurants before, let alone eaten at them, but I have a feeling that someone from my past sent them to me out of guilt, and there is no forwarding address, so I can't send it back.



A part of me wants to keep it, but this person that I am assuming it is, slept with my husband 3 years ago, then turned around and lied about being pregnant with his child that never existed. She told me that she had issues because of being molested as a child, had low self esteem and lied about the pregnancy to get me to leave my cheating husband, because she thought I deserved better. I was furious with him and we suffered tons of backlash from their actions, but I didn't leave him. She was a girl that I was trying to mentor, and who was in my class as a communications student. Over a year's worth of time, we developed a mentor/older sister bond and I don't know why she did what she did, but I forgave my husband and told her to seek psychological help. She found out I knew and called non-stop for forgiveness on and off for about a year and a half. She finally stopped for a year or so now. Suddenly I get these expensive restaurant gift certificates (no note, no forwarding address) and I mean for like $200.00-$500.00 a piece. Who else would do this and for what? I told her a while back that the least she could do, was to never contact myself or my husband again, but I guess the guilt wont let her. What would you do?|||This is her closure, a jest of seeking to say, I am so sorry, money will never rebuild the harm I have done.

If you do not want to take it, give to a charity event, a raffle at the school or college or to a friend of ours.|||Look at it this way: the money has already been spent, there's no way the sender can know if the certificates have been used, so you wouldn't be "accepting her apology" in that sense if you used them.



Gift horse/mouth...go for it.



If you're considered about the legality, speak with the police or an attorney.|||I have never seen a situation like this before. Personally, I would gladly accept any free gift that came my way, so long as there were no strings attached. Since there is no return address, you can say with complete confidence, that you do not KNOW who has been sending these things to you, and therefore shouldn't feel an ounce of guilt using them. I recommend using them up before you do find out. I would be ecstatic to get such gifts, regardless of where they came from. You may not like this woman, but her money is just as good as anyone else' :)|||Go to your local police they will tell you if you have enough to file charges. Personally I would just enjoy the gifts. It's not like they are hurting anyone but the person who is sending them's bank account.|||Your just guessing it's her, could be some one trying to set you up, I would inform the police, they would find out who it was, and that might ease you mind.|||Forget charges...file a restraining order. She may be planning to "reel you in" little by little. A "normal" person doesn't do all this just because (not in this recession at least) I feel there is something else behind this...|||I would save all the envelopes/ boxes with the stamp on them and date they were shipped as proof that someone mailed them to you. You could also go down to the police station ask to place this gifts on record and tell them you believe there might be some wrong in them. They will book all the gifts for a certain amount of time and if not claimed they will release them back to you. Then you don't have to worry about spending the money or cards. Hey consider it an early Christmas bonus.
  • dominoes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment