Monday, February 20, 2012

What would you do? Keep the gifts or contact police?

When I came back to work from the break recently, I had a package waiting for me in the office, from an anonymous sender. Inside it contained gift certificates for (from what I've heard) are very expensive restaurants. Restaurants in San Francisco, such as "Aqua", "Jardiniere", "Benihana's", "Farallon", "Gary Danko", "Masa's" "Fleur De Lys", "Postrio's" I've never even heard of most of these restaurants before, let alone eaten at them, but I have a feeling that someone from my past sent them to me out of guilt, and there is no forwarding address, so I can't send it back.





A part of me wants to keep it, but this person that I am assuming it is, slept with my husband 3 years ago, and then turned around and lied about being pregnant with his child. She told me that she had issues because of being molested as a child, had low self esteem and that she lied about the pregnancy to get me to leave my cheating husband, because she thought I deserved better. I was furious with him and we suffered a great deal of backlash from their actions, but I didn't leave him. She was a girl I was trying to mentor, and who was in my class as a communications student. After a year of time, we developed somewhat of a friendship/mentor-student relationship so, I really don't know why she did what she did. I forgave my husband and told her to move on with her life, along with a few other choice words and advised that she seek psychological help. After I found out and let her know, she called non-stop for forgiveness on and off for about a year and a half. Emails, text messages, random phone calls. I'd get calls, pick up, and no answer. She finally stopped for a year or so now. Suddenly I get these expensive restaurant gift certificates (no note, no forwarding address) and I mean for like $200.00-$500.00 a piece. Who else would do this and for what? I told her a while back that the least she could do, was to never contact myself or my husband again, but I guess the guilt wont let her. What would you do? Should I keep letting her send this to me or contact the police? I am a college professor and so is my husband and I don't want any negative attention for either one of us because of this incident. I just want to move on with my life and forget that this ever happened. Also is there a way that the restaurants can tell me whose card was used to pay for the gift certificates. Thanks.|||Having read all that, are you feeling enlightened?





Or somewhat in the dark?





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>





LOL





Enjoy!|||I wouldn't use the gift cards, but I would take the package to the police if you feel that it could be from this woman. She obviously has issues. Your phone logs can be checked (if you kept tabs on when the hang up calls occurred). The police can find out if it is the woman you think it is, but it may come at a price. You may just want to talk things over with your husband and see what he thinks. This could impact both of your teaching careers, if it turns out to be this woman, and she makes further problems for you both.





Sometimes life seems like a Catch-22, but we have to go forward. There's never any going back. I'm sure you will find the best answer for you and your husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment