Monday, February 20, 2012

Shoes Off & "Health Codes" ?

Why do people worry so much about someone's feet so much?





Sometimes if I am in a restaurant I will kick my flip flops off under the table. I've had a few customers come up and say something to me. Things like "The health department will close this restaurant down if your shoes are not on". Or also "Hey I'm trying to eat here. Put your flip flops back on". One person even said awhile back "Can't you at least have socks on?" like me putting on a pair of socks is going to make her kids behave better.





It's not like my feet are cooking the food. I just have my toes over the thong strap of the shoe (or maybe one tucked under my butt). These people are wearing flip flops too!





I emailed the health department where I live in Riverside county (California). They said there is no law about this as a customer. They said they don't care about shoes.You can even be a waitress or hostess and be without shoes, wear flip flops, whatever.





If it was against the law, why is it Japanese and Moroccan restaurants don't get shut down all the time? You have to take your shoes off to sit down.





I'm not saying we all should go barefoot into Benihana. Just want to know why there are weirdos out there looking under tables to see if someone's shoes are on the whole way.|||People are ignorant.


Hands are far, far, FAR dirtier than feet. You touch your mouth and blow your nose with your hands, and nobody says your hands are gross.


No, there is zero problem with bare feet, except that your feet might get dirty from the restaurant, LOL.


I am baffled by the comments of the people.|||I see your side, but feet are gross to a lot of people. They smell and aren't pretty. It's not so much about health (although many diseases are through skin and feet) but about common courtesy. If you're in public, especially in a restaurant, it is polite to at least wear shoes.|||I don't see a problem with what you're doing, and if it's customers telling you this just say MYOB. If the employees were telling you this I'd comply just to not rock the boat, but otherwise, go for it.|||The answer is quite simple: people have an extremely peculiar hangup about feet. Think about it. If you are wearing flip-flops, your feet are no more exposed than if you were barefoot. One tiny strap and one 1/4 inch rubber sole doesn't really cover your feet all that much.





It's bigotry.





It's a cultural thing and an environmental thing. People are irrationally conditioned to think feet are sick and gross.





It isn't true, of course. As you saw there ARE no laws about bare feet in public places. It's a myth. Restaurants and stores use that misconception to cover their behinds in case someone is barefoot and steps on broken glass or stubs a toe or something.





But really.... why on earth are people so hung up about a perfectly normal and functional body part?





We don't bury our hands in two thick leather gloves every single frikkin day of our lives, do we? It would be torture, wouldn't it? Why do you do it to your feet???








Going barefoot is natural, it's healthy, it's liberating, it's spiritual, and it's fun!





Shoes were invented by the devil to torture humans!

No comments:

Post a Comment