Monday, February 20, 2012

Do I have enough to file a report now that more gifts have come?

I posted a question in regards to this a week ago and users told me to update them. There is now more to the story. First post: When I came back to work from the break recently, I had a package waiting for me in the office, from an anonymous sender. Inside it contained gift certificates for (from what I've heard) are very expensive restaurants. Restaurants in San Francisco, such as "Aqua", "Jardiniere", "Benihana's", "Farallon", "Gary Danko", "Masa's" "Fleur De Lys", "Postrio's" I've never even heard of most of these restaurants before, let alone eaten at them, but I have a feeling that someone from my past sent them to me out of guilt, and there is no forwarding address, so I can't send it back.



A part of me wants to keep it, but this person that I am assuming it is, slept with my husband 3 years ago, then turned around and lied about being pregnant with his child that never existed. She told me that she had issues because of being molested as a child, had low self esteem and lied about the pregnancy to get me to leave my cheating husband, because she thought I deserved better. I was furious with him and we suffered tons of backlash from their actions, but I didn't leave him. She was a girl that I was trying to mentor, and who was in my class as a communications student. Over a year's worth of time, we developed a mentor/older sister bond and I don't know why she did what she did, but I forgave my husband and told her to seek psychological help. She found out I knew and called non-stop for forgiveness on and off for about a year and a half. She finally stopped for a year or so now. Suddenly I get these expensive restaurant gift certificates (no note, no forwarding address) and I mean for like $200.00-$500.00 a piece. Who else would do this and for what? I told her a while back that the least she could do, was to never contact myself or my husband again, but I guess the guilt wont let her. What would you do?|||If you don't feel right about this, then it must be so. Trust your instincts. Keep them but don't use them. Hide them somewhere only you know. The aftermath of using them could be a disaster to your family. No amount of gift certificates or money order could ever give you peace of mind.



And yes, file a report. If the police are willing to take your case even if you don't have proof of the identity of the sender, then by all means, do it. You have nothing to lose by reporting it.|||This is a very creepy story.



You could donate your 'gifts' to charity. If she asks down the road what you did with her gifts tell her you wanted nothing to do with them and gave them away.



Do you really think the police could do anything about it? She's not hurting anyone. Just creeping you out. (Unless she's stalking)|||Sheesh, I wish I had your problem! LOL There is no crime here. Keep the gift certificates, send them to me (haha) or donate them to a school or other charitable organization for a charity auction.



The fact that you and your hubby are trying to figure out who sent them and you believe you know that it was her, has accomplished what the sender intended. You are thinking about this issue and you know it is her. You are now thinking about her as is your hubby. Ergo, the tactic has worked on her behalf. If she was truly sorry, she would have signed her name instead of sending the gifts anonymously. This is a game and she is winning by virtue of you two now thinking about her. Game set and match.|||Since you and your husband suspect her of an odd form of harassment, I would go to the police for advice. Even though she is ridiculously generous now, someone as mentally off as she is could turn on a dime and become a physical threat to you or your husband.



The police department needs to have a record of this. Also, they might be able to find out who bought the money order since the issuing bank has a record of it. There is an outside chance that this is someone else entirely. I'd start a paper trail with the police dept. though. Good luck!! : /|||Sell them.|||This is the second time I have seen this question. I think you are just chasing rabbits. Either hire a detective or give up on this little caper.
  • little ceasers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment