Thursday, February 9, 2012

How do I make a Benihana's CRUNCHY ROLL? Picture included... No recipie online Please help!!! THANKS.?

No answers that don't actually answer my question please! I have gone to Benihanas many times, and I love their crunchy roll! I have been trying to find a recipie for it online. Yes I have tried searching for tempura shrimp roll. That recipie said to fry the roll?! So you see my anguish. My husband is deployed and I want to make spam musubi and crunchy rolls and have them waiting on him when he gets back. So if anyone has the recipie for the roll itself and for the spicy mayo topping, I would appreciate it so much. Thanks here's the picture!!!!!!!!


http://render-2.snapfish.com/render2/is=鈥?/a>|||Ingredients:


6 sheets nori


3 cups sumeshi


8 pieces tempura shrimp


1 small avocado


6 sticks green onion








Cooking Directions:


1. Cook sushi rice.





2. Bake tempura shrimp as directed on the package. I used this tempura shrimp, but I鈥檓 sure other types, or even homemade tempura shrimp will work just fine. You can also fry the tempura shrimp if you choose, but baking it is healthier, and you can prepare other things (such as the sumeshi) while it鈥檚 baking.





3. Cut tails off the tempura shrimp.





4. Slice tempura shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.





5. Cut the avocado in half, discarding the pit.





6.Cut off the hard skin and discard.





7. Slice the avocado into thin sticks.





8. Wash the green onion, cut the long green stalks off of the white bulb-like things. Discard the white bulbs.





9. Roll the sushi, using one green onion stalk, several avocado sticks, and 2 陆 slices of tempura shrimp as your fillings.








As for the spicy mayo topping, I have experimented this with several brands of mayo and hot sauce. The combination that I found to be closest to restaurants' is: Kewpie mayo + tabasco + sugar. Siracha (which I tried) had chili / garlic flakes in it, so it couldn't result in the smooth spicy mayo texture I found in restaurants. Tabasco does the trick.





GOOD LUCK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment