Monday, February 6, 2012

Will I feel sick if I eat meat for the first time in awhile?

I have been a vegetarian for 11 months, but tonight I'm going to eat meat again. I've always been thin, but after becoming vegetarian I almost look anorexic. I'm going to start eating meat again, at least until I get to a healthy weight. We're going out to dinner at Benihana tonight, and I was thinking of ordering chicken and shrimp. Will I feel sick after eating that since it's been awhile since I had meat?|||Well i just ate chicken today after being a vegetarian for about a year and my stomach felt sick and i felt guilty and I'm not going to eat meat again. But once you start eating meat for a while your body will adjust to it because the human body is quit adaptable.Try to eat a little tonight.|||Honestly,i think you will feel sick but then your body will start to adjust it ...

Report Abuse


|||Since you've not eaten any meat in 11 months your body is going to sense something strange going on and your intestines won't be conditioned to digest meat as it used to be. So, you will probably have some stomach cramps while your intestines are trying to push this foreign substance (the meat) out of your system. I would recommend that if you're going off your vegan diet tonight, start very slowly and introduce little bits of meat back into your diet and maybe not start out with a big Porterhouse steak... Good luck.|||Depends on who you are. I have a friend who has been basically vegan for about a year and if she eats so much as one slice of pizza with cheese she gets really sick (one of our friends works at a pizza place and brings home leftover pizza that would otherwise get thrown away, otherwise she really wouldn't eat it). On the other hand, I've been vegetarian for 3 years (and was vegan for a year of that) and I recently ate some turkey because I didn't have much money to spend on food and it was free (again, would have been thrown away had I not eaten it) and I was fine.





Edit: Oh, but if you're having trouble keeping up a decent weight, you should be able to even while vegetarian. Eat lots of fattening stuff like avocados and nuts. You probably can avoid eating meat if you want while still keeping a healthy weight.|||no, u should be alright


if it was me i would be scoffing it down if i hadnt had meat in 11 months


but anywayz just to b on th safe side dont over do it


try a bit or 2 and see how u feel if u dnt feel so well leave it at that...


if thats th case then i would slowly ease ur self on meat as in each time increaseing the amount u eat each time





so mabye u shouldnt start of with something as big as chickn maybe try something like lasagna or spagetti becz these have a small quantity of meat











but hey its just like if u havent eaten pasta since u were 5 does it mean u r going 2 get sick?? meat should be the same but if ur worried cz ppl r sayingall this stuff ill just take it easy if i were u|||You might feel sick. Many people have told me that when they try to eat meat after being veggie they feel ill after. Something about your stomach losing the ability to properly digest meat.





There is probably a way for you to get the required calories and nutrition without adding meat back into your diet. Talk to your doctor, do some research online, ask veggie friends how they stay healthy. It took my step-daughter a long time to figure out that there is more to being veggie than cheese and bread.





Good luck! And ask if they have tofu!





|||Fish and shrimp may make you feel a little "off" after 11 months of no meat. You should probably try not to eat all of the portions of meat in the dishes you order. The more of it you eat, the more sick you're likely to feel.





Good luck


-SD-





|||


maybe, depends on your body, if you want to beef up, eat nuts and make nut milk, choose your favorite nuts , put a handful in the blender, add water and mix, yum,, and very high in calories, also eat avocados.


|||yes especially red meat. your body will not be used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment