Friday, January 27, 2012

Do the chef's hats at Benihana's have any significance in terms of experience?

They've got red green black (if my memory serves me right) and I've always had a sneaking suspicion that the red hatted ones are the noobs that I always get stuck with.. What's the deal?!Do the chef's hats at Benihana's have any significance in terms of experience?
I don't believe so. I think they wear them as it looks more professional and also they normally toss a tiny piece of food into the top of their hat at the end of their routine. But, judging from how well they cook, I'm sure that they are all quite experienced chefs.Do the chef's hats at Benihana's have any significance in terms of experience?
You mean Benny Ha Ha's! I know a guy who was turned down because he was too good for benny Ha Ha's, but Teppanyaki is an old art of Asian style culinary, and Benihana's is milking it real well. There was never a rank when I worked with Teppan cooks and chefs, The Chef's toque means two things: To see where the chef is in the kitchen, and the lines on a toque mean how many ways he can prepare an egg. There has never been a rank when I worked in any kitchen. instead, look for insignias (like gold tabs or buttons, or a special nametag or uniform)There are only three uniforms in the kitchen these days: White button Down shirt, Dishwasher, prep or bus boy. White double breasted jacket, Sous Chef, Cook or line cook, and a Jacket with no buttons or push through solid globes are executive chefs or kitchen managers

No comments:

Post a Comment